Within this collaborative process group, reflective parents share questions and concerns related to parenting one or more children. Sharing the common goal of parenting in a manner that promotes healthy child development, members discuss and apply evidence-based strategies for managing various emotional and behavioral concerns.
Discussion is guided by members’ interests and needs; topics often include:
- Strengthening parent-child relationships
- Navigating sibling dynamics
- Evidence-based interventions for various childhood concerns (e.g., Anxiety; ADHD; Depression)
- Evidence-based parent-based interventions for addressing concerns in a “top-down” fashion
- Parental self-care and support
Dr. Ohlenforst has worked with children, adolescents, and adults throughout her training at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Stanford School of Medicine. As founder and Clinical Director of Therapy Dallas, she specializes in individual, family-based, and group-based interventions for children and adolescents with anxiety, ADHD, and behavioral difficulties.