Referral Coordinator / Receptionist
Our collaborative group psychotherapy practice is seeking a skilled and friendly receptionist to help with new patient referrals and provide additional administrative support for our multi-therapist practice.
Hours: 20-30 hrs/week, with opportunity to increase
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Requirements: Excellent people skills and strong organizational skills
Location: Work may be performed virtually during COVID-19 (and possibly thereafter)
Preferred: Prior experience providing client-facing administrative support in a medical/healthcare environment
- Answer incoming calls from new referrals; address initial questions; gather presenting concerns
- Assist patients in selecting therapist(s) and scheduling intake appointments
- Setting up new patients in our EHR and confirming intakes via e-mail
- Managing waiting lists when therapists are full
- Answering incoming calls and e-mails from patients, fellow providers, and other professionals
- Aiding with occasional patient requests (e.g., rescheduling; billing inquiries; etc.)
- Providing as-needed administrative support to therapists
- Excellent people skills and professionalism!
- Strong written communication with patients and colleagues
- Exceptional organizational skills; reliable follow-through and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc;); proficiency in SimplePractice, WordPress, and MailChimp a plus
- Respect for confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- Effective time-management skills and proactive work ethic
- Warm, friendly, and engaging personality!
- Preferred: Prior experience providing front-office/administrative support in a medical/healthcare environment
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position!